2012-04-11

Who Are They???

New Youth Pastors?


Im sure by now you've had some time to adjust to the "new people" coming in. Amanda and I are so excited to have been given the opportunity to be the High School Youth Pastors. We are totally dedicated to God's calling for youth ministry and are 100% committed to you! So, who are we? I (Shane) am 27 y/o with two daughters. I married my best friend from High School, Amanda. I received God's calling to youth ministry in 2008 and have been running wide open ever since that day!


A few facts about me:
  • Passionate...
  • Percussionist for 17 years
  • I have been playing guitar for 15 years (bass and acoustic)
  • Graduated from Central High School
  • Certified Personal Trainer from UWG
  • like LOVE Music
  • Avid Cyclist (road and mountain)
  • Enjoy shooting firearms
  • Outdoorsman, Hunting, Fishing, Hiking, Biking, etc

A few facts about Amanda:
  • Plays the tambourine
  • Graduated from Central High School
  • Certified Cosmetologist
  • UWG Graduate- Education
  • Enjoy biking on the Silver Comet Trail
  • Enjoys working out
  • Youth at heart

What Do You Have to Offer?

Amanda and I are coming to you with quite a bit of experience leading and serving in youth ministry. But, most of all we have been led to you with a passion and drive that consumes us. God has spoken many visions to us about CSM as well for CSM. We are on fire for the Gospel and extremely motivated to see the Holy Spirit poured out on all of you! My desire for CSM is not only to lead and serve you all, but to raise up passionate leaders with a fresh vision that will reach this generation for Christ.

I am not one that stands still for very long... so buckle up and get ready for what God is about to do! Amanda and I are looking forward to getting to know you all better. We're bringing some fresh ideas, fresh visions and a passion that is bound to be contagious! We hope to inspire you all to lead others to Christ and make YOUR passion contagious.

It's On Now!

As once a student in a youth ministry myself I can completely relate to the journey you all have been on. When I was 13 years old, I remember going through approximately 3 or 4 youth pastors in a 2 year time period. Needless to say this was not healthy for the stability of our youth group. So, why am I telling you that? I'm telling you that to tell you this... Amanda and I are here to stay!

We do not "shop around" for the best youth pastor deals nor do we go out searching for "mega churches" OR "camp out" for a little while. We are led by God and the Holy Spirit's direction upon our lives. Philippians 3:13b says: and reaching forth unto those things which are before [ahead]. Amanda and I will never forget where we started/ came from... however, we never intend on staying there! Amanda and I desire a great freshness from the Holy Spirit and we intend on pursuing God's will and desire for our lives.

Inspire!

Our desire is to inspire you to have a hunger for God. We want you to CRAVE His righteousness and sanctification... and NEVER become complacent. Reach for the unreachable and desire the unobtainable! If you run after the flesh, you will get nasty dead skin... but when we thirst after the Living Water... we are filled continuously. Matthew 19:26 (NLT) says: Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible."

To Sum It All UP!

We are very excited to be apart of a new family and are looking forward to what God is about to do! Get on fire and fan the flames!




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...